The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mr. Darcy Alert!!!!

Not that I want to appear obsessed but did anyone catch Colin Firth on "The Tonight Show" last night? Very funny guy! His new movie "Nanny McPhee" looks kind of cute. I don't think I'll be able to persuade Brad to go to that one though.

It's been a fairly busy week which is great! I managed to finish some financial reports that I had been a little worried about but the numbers balanced - YAY! I always have that dreadful feeling in my stomach while I'm doing the calculations and then it's a big sense of relief when I see the final results. I am also getting some training on website design and it looks as though I might get to do some drafting in the next week or so which should be fun.

Plans for this weekend include a trip to the museum. We're not sure if we are going to go to the National Atomic Museum, New Mexico Museum of Natural History or the Lodestar Astronomy Center. They all look like they have something good to offer.

Next week is Australia Day (26th January) and I'm thinking that maybe we should do something to celebrate it here in Albuquerque. I do have a great recipe idea that would combine that tastes of Oz with some southwest traditions - Green Chilli Pies! At first we couldn't understand the obsession people in New Mexico had with green chilli - that was until we tasted it! I don't know how I'll eat a burger without it now. That's why I think green chilli meat pies would be a taste sensation! Not sure if my cooking skills are quite up to that standard though. Something to think about.....

1 Comments:

  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Tim Robinson said…

    Hey guys ...

    Can't wait to see how the Green Chilli Pies are going to turn out! Sounds dreadful on paper (or screen), but could be surprise packet I guess!

    You'll have to bring back some Green Chilli so that we Aussies can get in on the secret taste sensation!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home