The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Monday, January 16, 2006

It's Not Fair

I know I probably sound like a little kid but IT'S NOT FAIR. I had to come to work today while Brad got to sleep in! It is Martin Luther King Jr day today and for some unexplicable reason just about everybody I know got the day off work except me! I think I've only had one phone call in the past two and a half hours indicating that nobody else is working either!

Ahhhhh.... My morning coffee has arrived. Ok, I think I can move on now.

We had a pretty quiet weekend. I spent Friday afternoon at the dentist and got the all clear - no cavities! I can tell you, they sure weren't shy when it came to cleaning but then again if you don't get your teeth cleaned for 5+ years I guess you have to expect a little pain. I really like the concept of dental insurance (paid by our employers) which includes 1 free set of x-rays and 2 free cleans a year. We'll be coming back to Oz with fabulous teeth!

Saturday I went to the Knitters Not Quitters group at Napoli Cafe. They are a great bunch of girls and it's great to catch up with them if Brad is working on a Saturday. I'm flying along with my second sock (started the heel last night) and finished the bramble stitch scarf that I have been working on. I'm also onto my second hat (present).

Saturday night we rented "Wedding Crashers" on dvd. It wasn't bad for a bit of a laugh (7/10). From the comments I've received, I've noticed that women who have an interest for knitting also seem to have an interest in Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. Maybe an afternoon of knitting/Pride and Prejudice/Colin Firth is in order....

2 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Beverly said…

    Ohh...name the date and place, and I'll be there!

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    the knitting/darcy thing is a TASTE thing, dahling. name the day, and i'll join you and bev.

    i had to work today, even though BOTH of my jobs were officially closed. stinky.

    you'd look adorable with short hair!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home