The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It's Beginning To Feel A Lot Like Christmas

Good news - we survived our Christmas shopping on the weekend and I’m pleased to say we’re almost finished. At least we know what we’re getting for the remaining people so it shouldn’t be too difficult. I also bought our Christmas roast lamb last night, now the only problem is cooking it!

We’re going to try and have a traditional Christmas even though we’re not at home, though there are a couple of things missing. We can’t seem to find plum pudding or bon bons anywhere. What are we going to do without our paper hats and bad jokes?

It was a great weekend for movies on tv. Saturday night was "The Sound of Music" and Sunday night was "The Wizard of Oz". I can hear you all groaning but there was nothing better than snuggling up in front of the heater watching two of my all time favourites. It was also a excuse to get lots of knitting done. I've almost finished Misty Garden and have made some good progress on my socks.

There were also plenty of phone calls back home this weekend. I got to hear baby Charlotte on the phone for the first time. I think she was pleased to hear from us, I just can't wait to meet her. We also spoke to Simone and Tim who are planning to visit next year - YAY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home