The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Welcome Charlotte Lilly!


Yay, we have a new niece! Jo and Steve are the proud parents of a beautiful baby girl. Charlotte Lilly arrived on December 9, 2005 at 11:27am (I think). From all reports she is doing very well while mum is taking a bit longer to recover - Get well soon Jo! I soooo wish I could be there now. I'd better start knitting some pink baby clothes now that we know it is a girl. Speaking of knitting, I've finally downloaded some photos. The first is my knitting place (since I was tagged by Jenny) - the comfy couch next to the heater (out of sight on the left). Now I know it looks pretty clean - I cheated and took the photo after I cleaned up on Friday afternoon. And I love the fact that I was able to get our Christmas tree in the background.

The only knitting project on display is my sock that was progressing well until I reached the heel! All my other projects are stuffed into the cabinet on the right. So.... A photo of the sock in question.


This is a photo of the scarf I knitted for Kyan's fiance who arrives from Brazil in January. I was asked to knit a pink fluffy scarf and I think this fits the description quite well.

Finally, here are the mittens I knitted for little Ava during our trip to Tucson.

While, were going nuts with the photos, here are some from our trip to Tucson for Thanksgiving!


In other Albuquerque news, I had my work Christmas party last night. It was a great night that actually didn't end until the early hours of the morning - we're such party animals! It was held at a collegues house and we got to experience our first "White Elephant" game. It is similar to Kris Kringle but rather than having a specific person to buy for you get to choose a present from a pile of gifts bought by the other guests. But wait.... there's more. If you want someone elses gift you can just steal it from them but watch out, it can also be stolen from you so it's good not to get too attached! It can become quite intense to say the least, but a whole lot of fun. I ended up with a great set of pasta/salad bowls. I also got to experience my first Mexican Tequila (100% blue agave cactus) - boy it has quite a bite!

Well, we're off to watch the finale of "Survivor". What can I say - I'm still a sucker for reality tv!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger Tim Robinson said…

    Congratulations!!!!!!!! Proud Auntie and Uncle! Good to hear they're both doing well also. Loved your knitting projects - still jealous about your creative streak, you may have to teach me when you come home, so that I can knit a jumper for Abbey :) - Simone

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Scoutj said…

    Congrats Auntie!

    What did you think about the winner last night? Her newly filled collagen lips drove me nuts!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Congratulations on the baby!!!

    I am planning on being at knitting tomorrow and I'll try to remember to bring a copy of the scarf pattern. The sock looks GREAT!

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger jeannie said…

    Your finished objects look great.

    Are you still stuck on your sock? Bring it and I'll help you today.

    The pics from Thanksgiving are really nice.So neat to be warm for Thanksgiving. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home