The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Wow, another Christmas been and gone. Thanks to everybody for their Christmas wishes - it was great to hear from you all (even telephone calls at 4:50am in the morning)!

Thanks to Meg I found bon bons which came with the usual paper hats and bad jokes such as:

Q. What do you get when you cross a radio with a refrigerator?
A. Cool Music.

I successfully cooked my first roast dinner which we finished off with apple pie and ice-cream since we couldn't find a Christmas pudding anywhere.

Brad was pretty happy since there was basketball and football on tv that afternoon, though I managed to drag him away for an hour or so while we went for a drive up into the foothills (no snow to be seen anywhere). Even though we were so far from home we still had a great day. I think the Freddo Frogs and Caramello Koalas that I bought Brad topped it off and gave it that Australian feel!

I am back at work today (no boxing day holiday) though the office is extremely quiet, hence the reason for this post. Brad is off until the 3rd of January though he has work to do at home and will be in and out of uni during the week. I think he is enjoying the fact that he gets to sleep in while I have to get up early!

I have been a bit of a knitting machine over the weekend. I managed to finish my misty garden scarf, a beanie and my first sock. I have also started this cardigan, though I am not going to put the bobbles on the sleeves.

I did a lot of this knitting while we watched some dvd's - Mr. and Mrs. Smith which was great (8/10) and The Fantastic 4 which wasn't so great (5/10). The only downside to Christmas - too much food. I am off to the gym tonight to try and work off all those Caramello Koalas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home