The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

One Year Ago....

Wow, it's been a while.... and I know there's still no photos. As you probably guessed work has been quite busy lately hence no emails or blogging. Seriously though, it's great to be busy at work without having to make myself look busy or bug people for extra work to do.

Brad and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary yesterday (I can't believe it's been a year already). We went to our favourite Chinese restaurant P.F. Chang's for dinner and are planning on going to see "The Lion King" when we return to Melbourne next year.

We had a pretty busy weekend. Brad is still working continuously on his grant so spent both Saturday and Sunday afternoon in at the university. I went to check out the Saturday afternoon knitting group which was great. Much better than sitting at home, knitting on my own. Speaking of knitting, I have started my first pair of socks. They are actually not as hard as I had anticipated. I am using some yarn I bought at the Taos Wool Festival back in October. I promise photos will come shortly.

Saturday night we went to the movies and saw "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire". I think it was definitely the best movie so far even though the third book was my favourite. There are several movies coming out over the next couple of months that we would like to see including King Kong, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Producers and Munich. Not sure if I will get Brad to all of them but I'm sure that should keep us out of trouble for a while.

We bought and decorated our Christmas tree on Sunday. It is starting to look very Christmasy both in our house and around Albuquerque. Many houses have started decorating with lights and luminarias though none compare with the Christmas house in Hoppers Crossing.

We also have good news on the house front. Looks like we won't be moving afterall. It turns out that our landlord will keep both houses and can therefore stay in the current one - YAY!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Congratulations on your anniversary! You two have had an intense year!

    I'm tagging you for a meme- a good excuse to post some pictures!
    http://womanobsessed.blogspot.com/2005/12/birthday-goodness-and-meme.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home