The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Our First Thanksgiving

So tomorrow will be our first Thanksgiving. It's a pretty crazy time of year. I heard a report this morning saying that today is the most travelled day in the year - something like 37 million people. That's almost twice the population of Australia!

We're preparing for our 7-8 hour drive to Tucson tomorrow. It will be a good opportunity to get some knitting done. Hopefully I can finish the mittens and scarf I am working on and make a start on my first pair of socks. Yay!

Can't wait to catch up with Pete & Marre (and Brendan) as well as Rachel and Tony this weekend. Pete and Maree recently bought a car so I think they have a few trips planned for us around the Tucson area. I'll make sure we take plenty of photos.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger Tim Robinson said…

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING from your pals all the way from sunny Melbourne (it really has been brilliant weather!)

    Enjoy your first true American Thanksgiving ... I know we'll be thanking the fact that we'll be able to catch up soon enough. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home