The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Memoirs vs Mr. Darcy

Just thought I'd let you know that we're still alive. It's not that we've been doing anything really exciting that I haven't had a chance to post, it's mainly that I've just been too lazy. But I'm back on track now, I promise... Maybe I should have made it a New Years resolution to blog at least twice a week but considering I've only ever stuck to one resolution (to read at least one book a month) maybe it's better that I didn't.

Enough rambling and onto more interesting news. Brad submitted his grant yesterday - YAY! It has been a very stressfull month for him so I think he was very relieved to submit it. He went to celebrate by downing 21 chicken wings (not a bad effort) - very convienient since it was his turn to cook last night! I shouldn't complain though, he let me choose a chick flick on Saturday night seeing as though we haven't been out much during the last month. I ended up choosing "Memoirs of a Geisha" which was really good (8/10), even Brad enjoyed it. I was tempted to pick "Pride and Prejudice" but I have to admit that Colin Firth is my one and only Mr. Darcy.

We had a great New Years weekend since I ended up with 4 days off work. We went horse riding on the Friday which I'm happy to say was incident free (unlike several attempts in the past). On Saturday we went to Santa Fe and then went to some friends to celebrate the new year.

On the knitting front I'm making a lot of progress. I have started my second sock (didn't want to wait too long and end up never getting around to it), almost finished another scarf (present) and am seaming my cardigan (still have to do ribbed edging once it's together). I promise to post some photos in the next couple of days.

Ciao for Now!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Mmmm. Yes, Colin Firth makes a very yummy Mr. Darcy. The new P&P is excellent, though- I highly recommend.

    Congrats on Brad getting his grant submitted!

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Beverly said…

    Colin Firth cannot be topped. I can't even imagine anyone else in the role. Really, Jane Austen wrote it for him. I'm convinced.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home