The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Hooray! A Completed Project!

I've finally finished my bramble stitch scarf. At times I never thought I'd get there but I couldn't be happier with the way it has turned out. Here's a couple of photos to prove it.



My next project is going to be some wrist warmers since I always have cold hands during winter.

Much of this weekend was spent organising what we'll be getting people back home for Christmas. I've successfully crossed another three off the list today. Maybe next year I''ll be more organised and knit some gifts (watch out everyone)!

Tonight we are going to Frontier Restaurant to get burgers for dinner. They have the best "Fiesta Burgers" with green chille. Yum! What I'm really hanging out for though is fish and chips. Mmmm, I can't wait to have some when we visit Oz next year.

Speaking of good Aussie stuff, we've fallen in love with Shannon Noll's song Shine" (pretty sad aren't we).

Well, that's about it for now, but as promised here are the photos from last weeks adventure along the Rio Grande.



3 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    The scarf looks fab!! Several years ago my Aussie roommate from Jalong made fish and chips... Mmmmmm.

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger Tim Robinson said…

    Love the scarf Bec ... nice work!!

    When we see you guys soon, it's gonna be Queenscliff Fish 'n' Chips or BUST!

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Scoutj said…

    Beautiful scarf!

    I'm another Abqer from the other knitting group! :) My best friend and I really want to come to your knit night one of these days but our dang husbands don't get home soon enough to watch our little kiddos.

    Nice to *meet* you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home