The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Monday, January 30, 2006

Food for Thought

I was thinking about my yogurt fixation again and thought of a few more things I've become somewhat addicted to since we moved here.

1. Starbucks Coffee: I was never really a fan before, but somehow I can't seem to function without my grande caramel latte every morning.
2. Ovaltine: Again, I've become addicted to a mug of hot Ovaltine before bed (at least I'm getting a good calcium fix everyday).
3. Quesadillas: Mmmmmm... My favourite mexican food!

It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since we moved to New Mexico (it will be 12 months this weekend). On the weekend Brad and I were talking about some of the cool things we've done since we've been here and realised how lucky we are and what a fantastic experience this is. Some of the things that top my list are:
  • Seeing Jerry Seinfeld live in Albuquerque - Absolutely hilarious!
  • Our trip to Vegas with Ben and Agnes - there is no other place like it!
  • The Grand Canyon - WOW!!!! There are no other words to describe it.
  • My knitting girls - I don't know what I would have done without you!

I could go on and on...but I won't - I don't want you to quit reading my blog.

Speaking of my knitting girls, Jenny tagged me for a meme, so without further ado:

Instructions: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Starting my final year of high school. Although it was a lot of hard work, it was also a lot of fun!

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Getting ready to move to New Mexico! Getting nervous and excited about finding a new place to live, a new car, a new job.....

What were you doing 1 hour ago?
Having lunch with the guys from work. Trying to be healthy with salad but finishing off with frozen yogurt, caramel syrup, sprinkles and cookie crumbles!

List five creative things you want to achieve this year:
1. Knit something that really challenges me like the Charlotte's Web Shawl
2. Get back into sewing and make a case for my needles.
3. Get creative with my blog - I know it's pretty dull at the moment
4. Try and stick to my plan to cook one new meal a week.
5. Get our photos (including wedding) into albums.

List five snacks you enjoy:
1. Oreos
2. Freddo Frogs
3. Rice Crackers
4. Starburst
5. English muffins with honey

List five things you would do if money were no object:
1. Travel the world
2. Open my own business (shop or restaurant or both)
3. Take a bunch of courses to learn anything I want - languages, yoga, aromatherapy, massage...
4. Buy a house by the beach
5. Make a BIG donation to medical research

List five bad habits:
1. I avoid exercise
2. I can be a little obsesive when it comes to cleaning
3. I'm stubborn
4. I'm grumpy in the mornings
5. I get sucked in to reality tv

List five things you like doing:
1. Knitting
2. Eating good food with good friends
3. Seeing a good movie
4. Shopping
5. Travelling

List five favorite gadgets:
1. Our blender - I made a great Morrocan sweet potato, carrot and chickpea soup last week
2. Cell phone - Although we don't have one they do come in very handy at times
3. Computers - Keeps me in touch with the rest of the world
4. Digital camera - To record our adventures (although I accidentally deleted our photos from the museum - oops)!
5. Video camera - Ditto

Name one thing you like about yourself:
I think I'm a pretty happy person to be around (except in the mornings of course)!

So there you go...

Cheers!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Tim Robinson said…

    Can't wait to see you guys very very soon ...

    just a small point Bec ... when did "Mobile Phones" become "Cell Phones" ??

    Don't tell me we'll have to un-Americanise you when you get back!!

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Tim Robinson said…

    Oh, I forgot to mention that I have added a 'banner' to my blog for your site.

    Check it out & hope you like it ...

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    the soup sounds fabulous. and you can TOTALLY do a charlotte- that was my all time favorite project. i charted it all out in excel (yes, i was very bored at work when i did it) and am happy to share that with you if you need it!

    hope you've had a great trip home!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home