The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

It’s official…. We’re coming home!

Yep, the tickets are booked and we arrive back in Melbourne on the 21st of September. I can’t believe it – only 6 weeks!

After some waiting (as previously mentioned) I was fortunate enough to line up a position with my previous job and start work on the 1st of October. Although I’ve worked with a great bunch of people over here in Albuquerque, I’m looking forward to getting back into engineering.

Needless to say, things have been very hectic for us during the last couple of months. Brad is extremely busy at work trying to finish up his experiments while I have been trying to sort through all of our stuff and deciding what to bring back with us. It’s amazing how much you can accumulate in 2 ½ years!

We’ve also been trying to fit in a few last trips before we head home. We recently went back to LA for a few days. Although we had been there before, there were several attractions we missed. While we were there we went to Universal Studios, The Tonight Show and Santa Monica Beach. We also saw Matt Damon at the premiere of the Bourne Ultimatum and went on a tour of the movie stars homes. It was the true LA experience! I will post some photos soon...

Next week Brad is heading off to Milwaukee (Wisconsin) for a conference. While he is there, I am heading off on a trip of my own! I’m flying to Tucson, Arizona to visit our Aussie friends (Pete and Maree) one last time before we head home. Hopefully I will be able to survive the heat since they typically average in the high 30’s or low 40’s every day (and I thought Albuquerque was bad)!

In other news, we made a trip up to Santa Fe a couple of weeks ago. Seeing as though it was our last trip there, I bought some beautiful turquoise jewelry and ate some great chicken enchiladas (getting into the New Mexico spirit). We also went to the movies to see the latest Harry Potter, which I really enjoyed. I’m re-reading the 6th Harry Potter book before I go out and buy the final one which I’m planning to read on our flight home (I should get a good portion read in 18 hours)!

Anyway, that’s all the news from Albuquerque. I will try and keep you posted on our movements over the next couple of months, though I'm sure things will get pretty crazy!

Cheers,
Rebecca

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Congratulations! How exciting! Although I know how much the US will miss you.... Now I MUST get back to NM before you go....

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Tim Robinson said…

    The countdown begins ... how very exciting!

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger kgirlknits said…

    six weeks, that's next to no time! Good luck with the solo trip this week!

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    how exciting...comign back to melbourne just in time for summer. which part of town are you from? and what on earth are you going to rename the blog as?

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Oh my God--that's so soon. I'm sure you're really excited to be going home. How's the packing and everything going??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home