The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Washington - Day 1

Well, we're back from D.C. and we had an awesome time! We were both surprised at what a beautiful city it is and spent our first day checking out all the monuments - here are a few photos:

The Einstein Monument (I think a lot of people miss this one) but definitely worthwhile to see (or perhaps that's just the scientist in me).

The Washington Monument and Reflecting Pool (this one reminds me of Forrest Gump)!

The Lincoln Monument (which was much bigger than I had expected).

The World War II Memorial

The White House

Ford's Theatre - The actual seat where Lincoln sat when he was shot!

By the way, Happy Mother's Day Mum! Now that the gift has been received here is what I made:

Pattern: Hooray for Me Gloves

Yarn: Online Supersocke 100

Needles: Knitpicks US #1 DPN's

Started: 9th April, 2007

Finished: 23rd April, 2007

Modifications: As can be seen from the pattern, the only modification made was knitting full length fingers.

I hope you like them mum!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home