The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Sunday, July 15, 2007

A New Hat

As I mentioned previously, I've been knitting a hat for my dad and making up my own pattern as I went along. Well, here's the finished product:


And a top view:

Pattern: My Own!

Yarn: Jo Sharp Classic DK Wool in Ebony

Needles: US Size #7

Started: 7th July, 2007

Finished: 15th July, 2007

Notes: To begin I cast on 112 stitches and worked the cuff was worked in a 1x1 rib for 14 rows. I then changed to a 4x4 rib and completed a cable every 6th row for 38 rows. Finally, I became stuck when it came to decreasing my ribs and ended up just making it up as I went along, decreasing the pearl then the knit stitches alternately. I'm very happy with the results!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger kgirlknits said…

    Great hat, Rebecca - I like the way you've fashioned the crown decreases into the cable and rib for a tapered decrease. Must have been satisfying to write it all yourself too!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    love it! i can't imagine standing outside in the heat wave modeling a black wool hat, though. way to do it for the blog!

    one more week till this @*#$(@^ exam is over, then i can knit again....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home