The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Favourite Socks

A while ago I bought the Interweave "Favourite Socks" book but until recently I hadn't had an opportunity to knit anything from it. Then my mum mentioned how cold it had been in Melbourne and I thought of the perfect gift! I needed a quick knit (this person's birthday is coming up VERY soon) and came across the Elegant Ribbed Stockings which were knit on larger needles (I used size #5) and used sport weight yarn. Yes indeed, these were going to be some warm socks! I decided not to make the socks quite as long as the pattern suggested and only completed the pattern repeat 3 times. I also liked the idea of the ribbon but didn't want something quite as big as pictured. So here is what I ended up with:


Pattern: Elegant Ribbed Stockings from Interweave Press
Yarn: Dale of Norway Helio (as specified)
Needles: US Size #5
Started: June 22nd, 2007
Finished: July 8th, 2007
Oh and by the way, you've probably noticed I haven't been doing so much baking lately. My excuse - it's been too hot! I did make a great summer dessert yesterday though (no baking involved). Basically, it consisted of an oreo crumb crust, filled with peppermint choc chip ice-cream, drizzled with chocolate syrup and decorated with peppermint patties. Mmmmmmm!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home