The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Sunday, July 01, 2007

One, two, three strikes you're out...

Last night we headed on down to Isotopes Park to watch some baseball. It was a gorgeous night to sit back and enjoy the game (even though I usually spend more time people watching than game watching!

It's another hot one here today - 99 degrees! A good day for sitting in front of the cooler and getting some knitting done. Lately I've even managed to finish a couple of projects that I'd had laying around for a while. The first is a gift that's on it's way to it's recipient back home:

Yarn: Knit Picks Palette in colours Apricot, Peach, Lemon, Sunlight, White and Grass
Needles: US Size #3
Started: Mid-May
Finished: Mid-June
Notes: This was a lot of fun to knit and I love the finished product. I didn't end up knitting a liner for it and think it looks just fine without it. Since I didn't have a teapot to model it on, it's modelled on my sewing tin I bought recently at the Albuquerque Fiber Arts Fiesta:
Another project I've been working on is a cardigan for my niece:
Pattern:Heart-Motif Cardigan from "Adorable Knits for Tots" by Zoe Mellor
Yarn: Knit Picks Merino Style in colours Petal, Cornflower and Crocus
Needles: US Size #6
Started: Mid-May
Finished: End-June
Notes: Obviously I modified the original pattern which included heart motives to more basic stripes. I loved the finished product though not so much all the ends to be sewn in! The only thing I was a little disappointed with was the colour of the yellow yarn which looked more pastel when I ordered it on line. I guess that's the price you pay when you buy yarn on line though!

At the moment I'm working on a birthday present - something to warm up someone back in chilly Melbourne!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 4:18 AM, Blogger kgirlknits said…

    hey, nice tea cosy!!!

    Your cardigan for your niece is lovely, even with the stronger shade of lemon - it's a frustratin of ordering online, tho, isn't it?

    I'm sure she will love it ;)

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    SO CUTE!

    thanks for popping by the old (boring) blog. i miss you terribly and would LOVE to crash knit night. i'm hoping to be back in the land of enchantment after the bar exam- maybe then!

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger debsnm said…

    Your tea cozy is really pretty! How did you like knitting with Palette? I bought some to make Argyle socks to enter into the state fair. WAY over-bought is more like it! I'm enjoying knitting with it, but I'm not sure how it will hold up with washing????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home