The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Shoes & Socks

This post is going to be about shoes and socks. Lets start with the shoes....

Last year when we went back to Oz, I bought a great pair of shoes. They are a pair of red Mary Janes and even though they cost $90 I fell in love with them and had to have them.

I have worn these shoes to death (this can be confirmed by the smell) and now that we're starting to think about what we'll be taking when we move back to Oz I began to debate about my beloved shoes. Should I take a pair of worn smelly shoes back with me or find something to replace them? I looked around the stores for the particular brand (Planet Shoes) and couldn't find them or anything similar. But then I had a brainwave, what about the internet? Of course! Within minutes I had found the Planet Shoes website. They had my shoes and the best part.... they were only $US 29.00! I couldn't believe it, they had my size and my colour (I was after a black pair this time), so I got ready to place my order. It was then that I realised they had an online special - if you bought two pairs of shoes you got a $5 discount! Well, how could I resist, I had a pair of stinky clogs that needed replacing too! Really, it was just smart business since I wouldn't have to pay shipping for an order over $30. So here they, two pairs for only $53!



Hopefully you noticed the new socks too! I recently finished two pairs (and they're both for myself) Details as follows:

Pattern: Basic sock pattern from the Yarn Harlot's "Knitting Rules". I used the Lombard Street sock pattern as a guide for the picot edge.

Yarn: Knit Picks Memories

Colour: Rocky Mountain Dusk
Needles: US Size #1 Bamboo
Started: April 28th, 2007
Finished: June 3rd, 2007


Pattern: Bells & Whistles Socks from Interweave Knits - Holiday Knits Edition
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss
Colour: Dusk
Needles: US Size #1
Started: Feb 18th, 2007
Finished: May (sometime), 2007


Stay tuned, I have some more knitting and shopping news to come in the next few days!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger meg_knits said…

    Fantastic shoes AND socks.

    Have you used a short row heel yet? Or did I scare you off them forever?

     
  • At 5:10 AM, Blogger kgirlknits said…

    See now, two pairs of shoes = no shipping, and 2 pairs of shoes for almost HALF of what you can buy them for in Australia, well, that's just plain smart shopping!!

    well done to you!

    ps love those socks!

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Midnight Yarns said…

    When you come home, will you teach me how to knit socks.
    Everybody adores the pair you sent me. They are getting a lot of wear (my inspirational writing socks), as I try to come to terms with where my novel is supposed to be going.
    I can't knit at the moment as the guest pooch eats my wool.
    Love to both of you... Susan

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger kgirlknits said…

    Thanks for your kind offer to post me some stuff from the states - it's very sweet of you!

    Could you please email me at ky_funkymonkey(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)au? I may just have to take you up on the offer!!!!!

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger jeannie said…

    Great socks and Brilliant shopping! Way to go! see you at Knit Night.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Lucky's mom said…

    Awesome socks and great shoes - WHERE did you get them (seriously)? I want some too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home