The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Monday, February 26, 2007

Cupcakes, a Finished Project and the Rocket Man

I forgot to mention last weeks baked goodies, so:

Week 7: Coconut Macaroons
Week 8: Fastest Fudge Cupcakes

I found the cupcake recipe here and have to admit they taste pretty good!

I also managed to get a photo of my first ever fairisle hat before I sent it off to its new home:



Pattern: Fairisle Hat from Interweave Knits - Holiday Knits Issue
Yarn: Nature Spun Worsted - Victorian Pink, Stone & Aran
Needles: Size US#7 Circular
Started: January 12th, 2007
Finished: February 19th, 2007

I loved making this and the way it turned out so I’m sure that there will be much more fairisle in my future!

Finally, we had a fantastic night on Saturday when we went to see Elton John (I still can’t believe he came here to Albuquerque). He played all of my favourites and put on a great show. I was totally impressed when he took time to sign autographs before he started his encore and how he stood to thank the audience after every song. He is such an amazing pianist - some of the piano solos were just awesome!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home