The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Cooking Monster

That's me! As I previously mentioned, I've been trying out my baking skills. So for an update on what's been cooking:

Week 4: Berry Choc Chip Muffins - Using my standard muffin recipe but adding some left over frozen berries and choc chips.

Week 5: Mint Chocolate Brownies - These did not turn out anything like the picture but still taste pretty damn good.

I know I should start taking some photos of my goodies before they get eaten!

Also, seeing as though I'm such a fantastic wife, I made pinwheels for Brad to eat during the Superbowl on Sunday (and of course I ate a few myself too).

Then to top it off, I thought I'd whip up a recipe of my own for dinner last night! I don't know about anyone else but I get sick of making the same stuff over and over. Anyway, I thought I'd give this a shot:

Chicken Filo Triangles
2 cups chopped bbq chicken
1 1/2 cups feta cheese
1 cup sun dried tomatoes
3/4 packet frozen spinach (cooked) - next time I would use a full packet
A few shakes of black pepper
Filo pastry

Mix the above ingredients. Spray one sheet of filo pastry with olive oil (or you could brush with melted butter). Place another sheet of pastry on top. Place a couple of heaped spoons of chicken mixture onto pastry, then fold into a triangle (fold over repeatedly to use full sheet of pastry). Spray lightly again and place in oven for about 20 minutes or until golden. I served these with roast veggies.

I definitely need more experience working with the filo pasty but overall these turned out pretty well. It made 6 triangles but really you could make them any size - you could even serve them as an appetiser.

Even though I've been a busy cooking monster, I've still managed time for knitting. I'm onto the second sleeve of my cardigan (I got plenty of knitting done during the superbowl). Hopefully I'll have some finished photos for you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home