The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Happy Australia Day!

Yay for me! I've come good with my promise of photos.... Although I've got to admit that they aren't particularly good (I had to take them indoors and at night).
This is a birthday present that I am sending back home (recipient will be disclosed at a later date).
As I said, the photo had to be taken indoors, so its not a great representation of the colour. Anyway details....
Pattern: Ball Band Wash Cloth from "Mason Dixon Knitting"
Yarn: Sugar and Cream in Hot Green and White
Needles: US Size 6
Started: Jan 8th, 2007
Finished Jan 11th, 2007
To finish off the present, I took a trip to the Body Shop and....

I think the finished product is really cute!

Now, the book was a Christmas present to myself, so, my second finished project is also from the same book and it's even in the same yarn (hey, I'm trying to get my money's worth)! This one was taken without the flash and looks a little better.

Pattern: Baby Kimono from "Mason Dixon Knitting"
Yarn: Sugar and Cream in Hot Green
Needles: US Size 6
Started: Dec 27th, 2006
Finished: Jan 14th, 2007
I love the orange buttons with the green, very retro, and it should go well with another pumpkin baby beanie I made to go with it. This is also being sent back to Australia for some friends who are due to have a baby in April.
So there you go, I think I'm almost up to date with my finished projects however a hope finish my hat over the weekend or maybe a even sleeve of my cardigan now that it is behaving nicely.
Have a great Australia Day! Throw another snag on the barbie for me!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Happy belated Australia Day!

    I want your sense of color- you're too good!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home