The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Sunday, April 08, 2007

No Baking Today

Not when we have all these goodies to get through...

The pile on the left is mine and seeing it is our last Easter here, I thought I should try some pink Peeps (marsmellow chicks), and of course Brad couldn't go without his Cadbury Creme Eggs!

I did do some baking last week however (week 13) and made some double chocolate biscotti. They turned out really well but since my electric mixer died, I've been mixing everything by hand (and getting a very sore arm while I'm doing it). They turned out a little crumbly and I think the hand mixing had something to do with it - oh well, they still tasted good!

In knitting news, last weekend I went on a knitting adventure to Good Fibrations with Pamela and Shaila. We had a great time exploring the store and took advantage of their buy 3 get the 4th ball free deal! I don't think they know what hit them - there was yarn flying everywhere! Here is what I ended up with:

I can foresee much sock knitting in my future!

I'm almost done with Jo's birthday present and I love it! I did have a break from it though to knit another wash cloth birthday present. I've put this wash cloth together with some soaps for my nana's birthday which is next Friday. I hope she likes it!

Pattern: Ball Band Wash Cloth from "Mason Dixon Knitting"
Yarn: Peaches and Cream
Needles: US Size 7
Started: March 30th, 2007
Finished April 3rd, 2007
On a final note, I was going to write about how great the weather has been here during the last week, but considering it snowed yesterday, I changed my mind!

HAPPY EASTER!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Emma said…

    Sock knitting is always good. As is candy1

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Lucky's mom said…

    All your knitting projects and baking look so yummy! Yay for new yarn and crazy yarn store adventures!

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger Tim Robinson said…

    mmmmmm .... cadbury cream eggs .....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home