The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Week Six - Valentines Day

Who can believe we're into week six of 2007 already? Today we're celebrating a white Valentines Day (not that we really celebrate Valentines Day). That's right, it's snowing again. Last night we went to bed with a dusting of snow on the ground and woke up to a good 4 inches! I think it's pretty much stopped now, but it was definitely enough to close down the schools. Needless to say, work has been pretty quiet today.

Getting back to Valentines Day, one thing I've realised is that the more I'm overwelmed with advertising (and trust me there is a lot over here) the less I want to celebrate the day. I'm not saying that we've never done anything to acknowledge it (in the past we've been out to dinner, gone on picnics etc) but I just don't understand the need to go and spend big bucks on this one particular day. And don't forget the pressure... I've got guys in my office telling me how much trouble they're going to get in if they don't get their wives presents! I guess I'm just one of those people who believes that you don't need one day to tell someone how much you love them. Anyway, enough of my ranting...

Baking went well this week. I've picked another winner - white chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm.....

And the knitting's going along fine an dandy too. My cardigan behaved so well on the weekend it's finished! I just have to buy a hook and eye to join it in the front. I've also nearly finished my first attempt at fairisle (which I loved). I made a hat and just have to attach a pom pom to finish it off. So you should be seeing some FO photos soon....

2 Comments:

  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger kgirlknits said…

    Oh, Valentines Day marketing gives me the pip too! I can imagine its magnified where you are, too? Don't they even call it a "holiday"? oh, and I like the sound of your choc chip cookies btw!(and hurry up with the photos of your fair isle!!!)

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Blogger Tim Robinson said…

    We're going to HAVE to get the recipe for those white choc chip cookies. I'm in love with White Chocolate at the moment!! I'd kill for a Milky Bar right now actually !!

    It still freaks me that you're getting 10 cm of snow while we're having the longest period of over 35 deg's since the 60's !!

    Chat soon ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home