The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Busy as a Bumblebee




Even though we've been doing so much travelling lately, I've managed to get quite a lot of knitting done. I have 6 finished projects, two of which I will write about today and one which I have to keep secret until Christmas. And I also have another two projects which I will finish this week (not to mention my icarus shawl and a new cardigan that I started last week)!

The first finished project is a cardigan I knit back in September for my niece Charlotte. It was only just recently finished since it sat around for almost 2 months waiting for me to attach a button!
Pattern: Ribbed Jacket from the book "Special Knits" by Debbie Bliss.

Yarn: Knit Picks "Swish Superwash" (100% Superwash Wool) in Bubblegum

The pattern was easy to follow and I LOVED that it only had two seams! I would definitely knit this again.

My second finished project is a felted purse/make-up bag that I made for my cousin and it is my own pattern (very easy)!!! I had intended for it to be a make-up bag but it ended up a bit wider than I had anticipated. I'm really very happy with it though - I think it's cute!


Pattern: Made it up as I went along!

Yarn: Brown Sheep Nature Spun worsted weight (100% Wool) in Charcoal.

So there you have it - two finished projects! We have a short work week this week because of Thanksgiving, so hopefully I will be able to update you with some more finished projects and photos of our trip to Carlsbad Caverns and Arizona.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I assembled the bag before washing it. I just made 3 pieces (2 sides and 1 piece for the body) so it was really simple!

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    those are two of the CUTEST finished projects i have EVER seen. fabulous!!!!! hope to see you tomorrow night!

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger jeannie said…

    Wow, Rebecca. Great work. That sweater is too cute! Does Charlotte know how lucky she is to have Auntie Rebecca knitting such cute things? Hmmm, I'm envisioning prom shawls and wedding dresses in Charlotte's future. (wink, wink)
    And the bag is really cool. I love the ribbon - it adds just the right "something".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home