The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Monday, November 13, 2006

California Part 2

Picking up where we left off.....
After 3 wonderful days in San Francisco, we picked up our hire car and headed south to San Diego. On our way, we visited Monterey where I had my first clam chowder experience - YUM!!!!

We also drove "17 Mile Drive" between Monterey and Carmel and saw the famous Pebble Beach golf course.

We ended that day at Pismo Beach, arriving to see a beautiful sunset. We hit the road early the following morning - our first stop, the cute Danish village of Solvang.
We drove through Malibu and hit LA traffic at about 2pm, which was pretty scary (though Brad did a great job). We finally arrived in San Diego where we stayed at La Pensione, a great little hotel in Little Italy and as soon as we arrived, we headed off to discover the harbour.

The following day we headed off the the San Diego zoo. I think we arrived at the zoo at 10am and didn't end up leaving until almost 5pm - it is massive! The only negative, maybe a few too many antelopes and pigs!


Our second last day of our trip was spent at Seaworld where we saw the famous killer whale Shamu. We also saw a few other animals that we had never seen before, I think the walrus was our favourite. We also got to see the manatees (aka. sea cows) which I think they're pretty cute.

Our last morning in San Diego was spent down in the gaslamp district and around the harbour. I was actually sad to leave San Diego. It is a really beautiful city with great food, public transport and the ocean - I think it would be a great place to live!

Warning: There will be A LOT of knitting content in the next post!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger jeannie said…

    San Diego is one of my favorite places too. It sounds like you had a great time. I'm glad.:0)

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought I'd share this little gem with fellow enthusiasts... Once you dig in a little there are many oustanding articles. Check it out when you feel like reading - golf school

     

Post a Comment

<< Home