The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Winter Wonderland Part II

So we ended up having a pretty quiet New Years Eve. All plans were cancelled because of this:

This was a view of our neighbours car on Saturday morning. Snow started falling around 9am on Friday morning and didn't stop until late Saturday afternoon. According to many of the locals, there hasn't been a storm like this one for a long, long time. We ended up with almost 1 1/2 feet of snow. So of course we had to do this:
Meet our new friend "Frosty":
And because the weather has been so cold since we made him on Saturday, he has hardly even melted!

One good thing about the snow, I got plenty of knitting done over the weekend. I finished my 1st Jaywalker Sock and knitted 1/2 a baby kimono. While we're on the subject of knitting, I thought I should take the opportunity to show you some of my finished projects from 2006.
This is my version of the tomato baby beanie which is in fact a pumpkin baby beanie. I knit this for Erin and her gorgeous daughter. You can see her wearing it here.

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran
Needles: US Size #6

These are the Hedera socks from Knitty. I knit these for my second cousin Susan for Christmas (I hope they fit)!

Yarn: Knitpicks Bare Peruvian Wool Fingering Weight - dyed green by little old me!
Needles: US Size #2

This is a scarf I made nana for Christmas. The pattern was from the Interweave Knits Scarf Insert that I think was in the Fall 2006 issue and is called Split Leaf. Here is a close up:I really love how this pattern turned out. I used US Size #6 needles and was worried that they were too small but when I blocked it, it was perfect:

Yarn: 3 balls Knitpicks Andean Treasure in "Embers"
Needles: US Size #6

Finally, this is the Petal Bib from "One Skein", that I made for my niece Charlotte using some left over yarn.
Yarn: Knitpicks Shine Sport in "Grass"
Needles: US Size #6
Well, that's about it for now folks. I hope you had a Happy New Year (without too much snow)!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    The socks & scarf look beautiful-nice job-I am thinking of making Hedera myself-have fun in the snow!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Nora said…

    Oh wow! Look at that snow! Happy New Year from Sydney, Australia. x

    http://black-dog-knits.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home