The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Carlsbad Caverns

We've been doing quite a bit of travelling of late. One of our recent trips was to El Paso to see the Rolling Stones who were awesome. I've got to admit, Mick Jagger wasn't bad for an old guy. I only hope that I have as much energy when I'm his age. He ran around that stage non stop - doing some pretty freaky dancing of course. The same can't quite be said for some of the other members of the Stones. Like Keith Richards for example - I think the description we used for him was "death warmed up". He looks like a guy who has had a very hard life (I guess it hadn't been that long since he fell out of the coconut tree either).

So any way, we stayed in El Paso for the night and I got to see Mexico for the first time across the Rio Grande. The following day we returned to Albuquerque via Carlsbad and saw the Carlsbad Caverns which were really beautiful. Here's a couple of happy snaps:




If you ever get to visit Southern New Mexico, I would highly recommend seeing the caverns. We would have liked to spend more time there and visit some of the other caves (you need to book ahead though).

In other news, it has turned COLD! Last week we even had a dusting of snow. So to help keep me warm, I have knitted myself a pair of hand warmers!

I have been wearing them everyday! I prefer to wear them when I drive, since I can grip the steering wheel better than when I when I wear gloves (although my fingers still get a little chilly)!

The pattern is "Fetching" from Knitty.com and the yarn is the same as specified. Although it's not cheap yarn (approx. $8/ball), I only used one ball to make the pair. The only modification I made to the pattern was to knit an extra couple of rows after the thumb to make them a little longer. I also used a regular bind off instead of the picot bind off that was called for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home