The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Keeping Busy

So Brad arrived home from Colorado on Thursday and needless to say much knitting was done while he was gone. This is a photo of the projects I'm currently working on:

On the left is the Icarus Shawl from the summer edition of Interweave Knits. It was going along really well until yesterday when I screwed up two consecutive rows. Rather than try and figure out what I'd done wrong I ripped back (very carefully today). I think I'm back on track now..... I think!

In the middle is a modified version of "Kate" from Knitty. As you can see, mine is more of a green blob with pink arms and legs. I've left the face until last because I think that's going to be the hardest part. I don't want it to look more weird than it already is!

And lastly, on the right is the watermelon hat I'm knitting for Charlotte. The hat is finished except for the seeds, I only hope that it fits!

In other news, my dyeing experiment last weekend was quite successful. The best part was when Brad came home and said "Wow, that's one of the nicest color yarns you've bought". I took great pleasure in telling him that I hadn't actually bought it, I'd dyed it myself! Here it is:


I bought the "Dye Your Own" sock yarn from KnitPicks which I think is great value for $3.99 (I also bought the "Shine Sport" cotton blend for Charlotte's watermelon hat). I'm thinking about knitting a pair of the Hedera socks from the pink/purple skein of yarn first. Oops, before I start I think I should probably finish my watermelon hat and toy first!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Scoutj said…

    Pretty!!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Jody said…

    I love the hand dyed sock yarn! I tried some worsted weight myself a few weeks ago and love the results. What kind of dye did you use? I just tried Cool Aid.

    I'm going to be in Albuquerque for work for about 3-4 months - can you recommend any good knitting groups or yarn shops?

    -Jody
    htttp://javajem.blogspot.com

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger kgirlknits said…

    Hello form Melbourne! I love your hand-paints - very cleaver of you! I too have been working on Icarus - much frogging, ran out of yarn, lots of tears, but once I got in the rhythym, I actually kinda loved it! I've just posted photos at my blog if you want to check it out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home