The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Friday, July 21, 2006

Travelling Part One

I've had a complaint that I've been slack at updating my blog recently, so this is for Jo (I hope you enjoy reading it on Monday)!. Since my last post we've been extremely busy and have been to Colorado, Seattle, Vancouver and have been visited by Brad's brother Gary. So sit back and enjoy - The Adventures of Bec & Brad - Part One.

Our first trip was to Colorado. As I may have mentioned, Brad is playing cricket again and because cricket is not a particularly popular sport here in America it means that their closest competition is in the next state (only a 7 1/2 hour drive)! So we headed up to Colorado on a Friday afternoon and arrived in Fort Collins at about 8pm. The following day, I drove Brad to cricket and went to explore. I went to the Fort Collins Farmers Market, checked out Downtown and then went and did a bit of shopping (hey, what's a girl to do on her own). I arrived back at the cricket (with a few small purchases) only to find that they'd lost their first match :(

With some lightning flashing in the distance, we drove over to Boulder (about 1/2 hour) and made it just before the arrival of one of the worst storms I've ever seen. This was the view from our hotel window!When we drove down to Pearl Street Mall later that evening, the hail was piled up on the side of the road so high that it looked as though it had been snowing! This is a photo of the mall the following day with plenty of debris lining the streets...
Even with the mess from the previous nights storm, I found Boulder to be a really cute city. Not to mention, they also have a great view of the mountains.
After my day in Boulder, I returned to the cricket to find the result was a lot more promising. The guys ended up winning their second game and we headed home to Albuquerque. On the way home, we ended up stuck in traffic for about 1/2 hour just outside of Colorado Springs. I managed to snap this shot from the car as we were stopped and as you can see, the landscape is a lot different than New Mexico
Anyway, that was our trip to Colorado and part one of our travelling update. Stay tuned for our next episode of The Adventures of Bec and Brad!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Scoutj said…

    I used to live there! It's why I get so confused when I try and figure out what direction the mountains are!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home