The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Knitting Content on a Sunday

Brad is out playing tennis at the moment so I thought I'd take this opportunity to update you with some knitting content.

These are a couple of beanies I knit for Charlotte (my almost 6 month old niece) and Bonnie who was born in March to my friends Gary and Sandra back in Oz.
Pattern: Polka dot booties & hat (obviously without the polka dots) from "Adorable knits for tots" by Zoe Mellor.
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino

This is the flora scarf which was knit way back in March for my mum for her birthday.
Pattern: "Flora" from Knitty.
Yarn: Rowen Soft Baby (I really love how soft it is).

And finally, this is a bag which I made for my sister Jo for her birthday in April.Pattern: Felted Pocket Book (my first attempt at felting) from "Bags - A Knitters Dozen". The flower was my own addition and is a modified version of the flora flower above.
Yarn: Lambs Pride - Worsted (85% Wool, 15% Mohair) in Mulberry.

So there you have it, some of the things that have kept me busy in recent months. I also finished a pair of socks this weekend and only have a button to attach to my little green top. On the needles at the moment are some hand warmers (yes, I'm getting in early for next winter).

In other Albuquerque news - it is HOT! Today was expected to reach 96 degrees (36 degrees C)!. Last night we went to see X-Men 3 which was pretty good (7.5/10). Not sure if I mentioned but last week we saw the da Vinci Code. Given all the bad reviews, suprisingly both Brad and I really enjoyed it. The other two movies which we would like to see (released in July) are Superman Returns and Pirates of the Carribean 2. I'll let you know what we think...

3 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger jeannie said…

    Your bag is just beautiful! The Flora turned out great, and.... and..... -Well, your knitting is just wonderful. You should submit that Flora photo to Knitty for their new calendar.
    Jeannie
    P.S. Great fun and company this Saturday. : )

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger jeannie said…

    Your bag is just beautiful! The Flora turned out great, and.... and..... -Well, your knitting is just wonderful. You should submit that Flora photo to Knitty for their new calendar.
    Jeannie
    P.S. Great fun and company this Saturday. : )

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger jeannie said…

    Sorry - I don't know how 2 got here....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home