The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

1 Day Early (or 6 Days Late)

Ok, I didn't post last Thursday so I guess I'm either 1 day early this week or 6 days late. I like to think that I'm 1 day early...

Fact 1: We had a great time in Colorado last weekend. Although it was a lot of driving (approx. 7 1/2 hours each way) I'm really glad we went. Colorado is beautiful and so green compared to New Mexico - it was a nice change of scenery. We got to spend some time exploring Fort Collins and Boulder. Well, I actually got to explore while Brad played cricket (the good news is that they won their game on Sunday against the top team).

Fact 2: I'm reading another book at the moment - I think it's called "Dancing in the Dark". I know it sounds pretty bad. It's just your basic crime novel and I picked it up for $4.99 from Costco so I can't really complain. It just flows along so it was perfect for car reading on the weekend.

Fact 3: One thing I didn't do in the car was any knitting! I know it's hard to believe. I'm currently working on my first toy - a variation of Kate from Knitty. If it turns out ok I think I'll send it to Charlotte, if not I guess it can sit on my desk at work. I also need to think of a good name for it - I'm thinking something New Mexican. Any suggestions?

Fact 4: I think I've gone crazy. I bought some yarn to begin knitting the Icarus shawl from the new Interweave Knits. Help... what have I got myself into?

Fact 5: My buddy Meg is leaving for Boston this weekend. I wish her lots of luck and happiness and hope that we get a chance to visit her while we are in the U.S. Without Meg and my Albuquerque Knit Night girls settling into life in New Mexico would have been much more difficult - plus I wouldn't have learnt how to knit! THANKS Meg!

Fact 6: I'm trying a new recipe tonight - spicy orange chicken. The recipe is from the Super Food Ideas magazines that mum sends over. I'm trying to make something new every week or two. The last one was yummy - a chicken, tomato & olive casserole.

Fact 7: I got my ticket to go and see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (aka The Yarn Harlot) on Thursday July 27th. To celebrate the occasion, I also bought her book "Knitting Rules". The book is going to be for my birthday, along with another I bought on the weekend.

Fact 8: It rained. Twice. I know.... it's amazing. We've been lucky both times and the worst of the storms haven't hit our area. We saw a spectacular lightning show though and even got some footage on our camera. There are more storms expected tonight.

Fact 9: I'm not really a fan of soccer..... that was until the world cup started. I guess it's hard not to get involved with all the excitment and when your own team does so well. We actually felt pretty patriotic when we heard our national anthem and saw all the aussie support over in Germany. Good job boys - we're proud of you!

Fact 10: Salsa dancing is going well and we're getting better (I think). It's been three weeks now and we've learnt some pretty funky moves. Brad says it's "ok" but I can tell he's loving it!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home