The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Thursday, April 20, 2006

You Know What Day It Is

Yes it's Thursday, which means I've got another ten exciting facts! Here we go...

1. We had an awesome time in Phoenix last weekend. We left Friday afternoon and arrived in Scottsdale at about 4pm. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on North Scottsdale Rd which was great - very clean, friendly and in a great location. We hit the pool before we headed down to the performing arts center for some dinner and to see Dame Edna. The show was fantastic - sooo funny! On Saturday we walked down to Old Town and then further on to Scottsdale Fasion Square - the largest shopping center we've seen in quite a while. They had some great shops but we were well behaved and decided to save ourselves for shopping in New York. We also met up for lunch at Kona with Jason (Karen's fiance) who lives nearby, then flew home on Saturday night. All in all - a fantastic weekend!

2. We finally received our baseball tickets for our New York trip. We are going to see the Yankees vs the Redsocks and ordered the tickets online. There was some delay getting the tickets so needless to say we were getting a bit anxious. But they're here - HOORAY! Now we just have to remember to take them to NY!

3. Mum got her cast removed on Tuesday. If I haven't previously mentioned it - mum broke her wrist 6 weeks ago when she tripped and fell near work. She has one more week before she returns to work. Now that you can actually do things - enjoy the time mum!

4. Charlotte learned to rollover onto her stomach this week. Apparently this is a pretty big thing in the world of babies. I'm so proud!

5. I'm back on track with my knitting. I ripped out the two problem rows of my little green top only to realise that I was out of sync on my pattern - big time. Thanks to Megs wonderful help I fixed the problem without having to rip out half of the front. Tommorow I'm planning to finish Jo's birthday present and am planning on starting some socks. I haven't decided on a pattern yet but I bought some gorgeous blue Koigu and thought that socks would be a good project to work on seeing as though we have a long plane flight coming up.

6. Next week will be 5 years since Brad and I went on our first date. It' also 5 years since Simone and Tim went to Europe because I remember telling them about this spunky new guy before they left for their trip. We went to a cafe in Williamstown and then into Southbank where we ate Tiramisu. We had met in a couple of group situations before this date - at Brad's housewarming and when we went ice-skating (Brad made quite the impression with his unique ice-skating style and a spectacular fall). It's been a wonderful 5 years and I'm sure we both never thought we'd be living in Albuquerque on that first date in Williamstown!

7. Bulldogs beat Essendon on the weekend and are on top of the ladder! Go Doggies.

8. My favourite flowers are oriental lillies. I had pink ones for my wedding. I bought some white ones a few weeks ago and they lasted for ages. They smelt delicious too!

9. The da Vinci code starts next month. I'm looking forward to it since I enjoyed the book so much. At first I was surprised with the selection of Tom Hanks but from what I've seen, he looks quite good in the role. I guess I was picturing more of a Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones character. I'm just glad it's not Tom Cruise. Could that guy get any weirder?

10. I've rambled on today. Alot.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home