The Adventures of an Aussie Girl in Albuquerque

The adventures of an Aussie girl living in the American Southwest...

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Obsession is Normal

Really. The Yarn Harlot herself, told me so. Well she wrote it when she signed my book. That's right, Thursday night I went to see a lady talk about knitting. I'm not going to try and explain it to the non-knitters out there, except to say that I had a fantastic time and here is the photo to prove it.You'll have to excuse the bad hair, I got rained on before the big event. So I don't feel bad that most of my weekend (since Brad is away) has been related to knitting and yarn. It started on Friday when I began my watermelon hat for Charlotte (which now about two-thirds completed) and followed up yesterday when I met the Knitters Not Quitters group at Napoli and continued this morning when I dyed yarn for the first time. It is hanging up to dry at the moment so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I promise to post pictures if it turns out half reasonable. I also hired out some chick flicks for the weekend - "Failure to Launch" and "Rent". I watched Failure to Launch last night and it wasn't too bad. Pretty predictable, but that was ok since that was what I was in the mood for. I think I'll watch Rent tonight. I'm really interested to see it since we saw it on Broadway when we were in New York.

Anyway, that's about it for today. You guessed it, I'm going to go and do some more knitting. Ha, ha! I'll finish off with a picture of.....knitting!These are the Broadripple Socks from Knitty, that I knit for Agnes for her birthday last month. They were a great pattern to knit and I used Koigu with size 3 needles.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    your socks look great, as does your hair. it was great to see you the other night!

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said…

    Nice job on the socks!
    Great color for that pattern.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home