I can't believe it's Thursday already
1. It's "Take Your Child to Work Day" today. Richard has bought his 12 year old daughter to work, so I'm trying to think of some jobs for her. Not easy when I'm trying to find my own jobs to do! I wonder, is this just a day they made up so that teachers can have a day off? If so, what do teachers do with their kids?
2. Not long to our trip to New York now - only 8 days (not that I'm counting). I think we're pretty organised and even more so, since Meg gave me a list of her favourite yarn stores!
3. On the knitting front, I am in the process of sewing my little green top together. So far, so good. I just hope it's going to be long enough - it should be since I ripped it out to add extra rows (quite depressing but hopefully worth it in the end).
4. I've finished Jo's birthday present except for the button, which I plan to do tonight. It’s going to be a little late (sorry Jo) but I hope you have a great day on Sunday - we'll be thinking of you and wishing we were there!
5. Doggies won again! Who can believe it? On a sad note, Collingwood also won this week wich means I haven’t been able to get the grin off Brad’s face. He was exhausted on Tuesday after he stayed up to 1:30am listening to the ANZAC day clash on the internet.
6. Had a great meal on Saturday night when we went to Tucano’s for dinner. Not a place I would recommend for vegetarians. They bought around 12 different types of meat for us to sample. I think we really enjoyed it since we don’t usually eat a lot of red meat. Maybe we would eat more if I could cook it like they do!
7. While we were at the restaurant on Saturday night we also got to share in some of the excitement of high school prom. At first I thought it was a wedding (hey - one girl did have on a long white dress), instead it turned out to be a group of high school students who had gone out for dinner before the dance. This was the spring prom and is one of three that they have every year (home coming, spring and winter).
8. This weekend we have a farewell party for one of the engineers. It is just going to be a casual bbq but I've decided to make a three layer ice-cream cake for desert. I made the first layer last night - cookies and cream. Mmmmmmm. I think I'll make a mint layer and either a berry or Reeses llayer.
9. Warning - If you in Australia and you don't want to know what's going on in the Amazing Race - Don't read this! Last night the final five couples went to Perth, Fremantle and Rotnest Island. It looks as though they're heading a crocodile farm in either Darwin or Cairns next week which should be good. And yes, my favourites (the hippies) are still in it!
10. I'm going to lunch now.